Travel Sales Agent
Job Category: Sales
Work Location: Anchorage, AK
Duration: Full time
Job Code: 7518832
Job ID: J102036
Date: July 13, 2017 Have you heard about the exciting transformation taking place at AAA MountainWest? We recently joined forces with AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah and AAA Arizona. Our new organization provides great opportunities to develop and advance. A career with AAA MountainWest is unique, just like you! As one of the most recognized brands in the nation, AAA has over 100 years of experience and an outstanding reputation in the insurance industry. The timing couldn’t be better to connect your profession with a proven industry leader!
Keys to success in our mission-driven Member services organization:
- Are you adaptable and do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
- Are you eager to share new ideas and do you enjoy the challenge of exceeding expectations?
- Are you committed to providing exceptional products, service and experiences to our members?
Travel Sales Agents
AAA MountainWest is driven by an unconditional responsibility to prepare and protect our members on their journey through life. We have multiple opportunities for sales-minded travel professionals to join our exclusive team Travel Agents at one of our branch offices.
About this Opportunity:
Travel Sales Agents are critical in helping deliver our tradition of trust through unparalleled service and value. As a rapidly growing company AAA MountainWest is recruiting a unique individual with world-wide travel knowledge to provide exceptional travel services and support to our members and employees. Our door is open to a motivated, knowledgeable and customer service oriented individual who enjoys the challenges a career in the travel industry offers.
What Our Travel Agents Do:
Travel Sales . Travel Sales Agents actively promote and sell domestic and international Cruises and Tours, Air, Hotel, Car and Rail ticketing as well as all other related products and services. Provides personalized travel counseling and packages to our valued AAA members. When necessary Agents will provide website support for cruise and tour bookings, sales lead follow-up and final document processing.
New Business Development. Travel Sales Agents seek out new members and develop travel clientele. Generates leads through prospecting calls and increase business referrals by utilizing internal call lists and networking within the community. Maintains professional associations with clients, community organizations, events and other activities outside the office.
Member Experience, Membership Sales. Travel Sales Agents are experts at tailoring our AAA products and services to create a unique and memorable vacation experience. This position evaluates member requests and suggests products and services to exceed expectations. Travel Sales agents promote and sell AAA Membership and maintain a working knowledge of membership benefits and systems to continually improve and deepen the relationship with the member.
Industry Knowledge. Our Travel Agents possess world-wide travel knowledge and must keep informed of changes in industry standards, rules, fees, fares, and procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental, industry and AAA MountainWest regulations.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Formal travel school training
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA)/Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) designation preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as the ability to quickly learn and apply the AAA MountainWest processing systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and through email
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum two years leisure travel experience with travel sales background
- Knowledge of Apollo or similar GDS program
- Thorough knowledge of US and global geography
- High school degree or GED required
Why Work for Us?
We are committed to you and strive to provide you with opportunities and training to reach your full earning potential. We offer:
- Top level training
- Competitive compensation packages
- Commission opportunities
- Opportunity for advancement
- Ability to own your success
- Generous Personal Leave Accrual
- Exciting opportunities to travel
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun, friendly work environment
Employee Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Anchorage, AK
Salary: $15.34 per hour + Commission Based Sales
Exemption Status: Hourly non-exempt
Important Notes: Background check required-SS, Criminal, MVR
CTA/CTC preferred, but not required.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Emeryville, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah