Sales and Service Generalist
Job Category: Sales
Work Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: Full time
Job Code: 7522166
Job ID: J102019
Date: July 14, 2017 A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is unique, just like you.
We’re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America’s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing . With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You’ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too
* Performs three or more sales and/or operational functions at an expert level for NCNU members (DMV, cashiering, domestic travel, underwriting support) with expectations for leading and coaching team to maintain required service standards and vision and value behavior standards. Serves
as first line of contact to resolve customer complaints, billing and other issues that Sales and
Service Associate is incapable of resolving. Handles most complex questions and customer service functions. May work in multiple locations.
* Provides team leadership and expertise in all NCNU products and services to achieve departmental goals and objectives. Overcomes customer obstacles.
* Promotes products and services through cross-sales and referrals. Tracks and monitors location goals. Responsible for team sales and service results. Function as a champion of new products and initiatives (ex: launch of new credit card). May facilitate staff meetings or team huddles.
* Coordinates work flow and resources in a well-planned and organized manner.
* Makes process improvement recommendations. Shares information with others to enable them to successfully get results. Example, performs ad-hoc audits on procedures, required financial guidelines, security operations, compliance with training and coordination of completion of training. Identifies process improvement opportunities.
* Keeps up to date on trends in areas of expertise.
* Assumes office administrative and operational duties in absence of manager
* Demonstrated sales and customer service skills.
* Ability to serve as front-line customer contact.
* Ability to find creative ways to overcome obstacles and exceed goals
* Demonstrates team leadership and the ability to coach or lead a team, provide training and guidance to others
Sales and Service Generalist (AF11A4)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in person and over the phone
* Accuracy and comfort handling money, making change, balancing cash drawer
* Demonstrated personal computer skills, proficient in both reading and basic arithmetic
* Bilingual communication skills (preferred)
* Working knowledge of financial or membership organizations and their financial operations
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
* High school graduate or GED
* 3 – 5 years – Three or more years of sales or customer service experience in a lead capacity (preferred)
* Experience working with sales goals (preferred)
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.
Drive and Initiative (Intermediate) Customer Centricity (Intermediate) Judgment (Intermediate) Organizing (Intermediate)
Cooperation (Collaboration) (Intermediate)
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Emeryville, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah