General Manager, Car Care Plus (Club Owned Repair)
Job Category: Management
Work Location: Roseville, CA
Duration: Full time
Job Code: 7704996
Job ID: J102433
Date: September 12, 2017
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Mountain West is unique, just like you.
We’re a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be America’s most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing. With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You’ll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
The Car Care Plus General Manager is responsible for the overall performance and operation of the automotive repair business at the facility. This position is responsible for member/customer satisfaction, profitability, employee management, and all other repair related issues. Success in this role is evidenced by providing quality automotive repair that results a profitable business and satisfied customers/ members.
* Work Service Counter for a minimum 30% of hours worked
* Understands and manages to a profit and loss statement. Manages activities to drive results.
* Sets monthly and annual sales forecasts, responsible for establishing business plan to achieve established goals.
* Research and develop additional revenue streams through detailed analysis, planning, business case development/presentation and implementation.
* Manage, maintain and builds strong customer, vendor and supplier relationships.
* Collaborates with marketing and others lines of business to develop and coordinate opportunities to maximize CCP’s exposure and supports cross-sell product opportunities.
* May review commercial business offers and makes final recommendation depending on size of
* Comply with AAA local and National management guidelines and practices. Ensures that work is completed according to AAA guidelines.
* Works closely with Emergency Road Service and AAA NCNU Managers to ensure effective support of repair operations.
* Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local regulations related to automotive repair – example: Environmental Protection Agency (above/below ground tanks, absorbents, anti- freeze, batteries, brakes, oils and filters, hazardous waste etc.). Responsible for permits, licensing and certification requirements, OSHA requirements and providing equipment safety instructions.
* Ensures the safety and security of staff, assets and property. Insures that equipment is working properly.
* Plans, recruits, selects, conducts performance evaluation, and performance management activities for employees. Provides active, engaged leadership through behavioral coaching and mentoring. Creates an engaging work environment that encourages feedback on local work processes, competitive threats and the member experience which result in continuous alignment of resources and improvement of the work environment to enable realization of the business plans resulting in a
positive effect on employee and customer loyalty. Responsible for leadership, talent development and discipline.
* Responsible for management of training and certification for all staff.
* Responsible for the management of maintenance personnel.
* Responsible for management and security of parts, inventory, vehicles.
* Financial management experience
* Automotive/mechanical background
* Ability to communicate effectively – verbal and written.
* Knowledge of equipment/tool operation and diagnostic/repair procedures.
* Proficient math skills and adept at statistical analysis.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
* Ability to drive vehicles equipped with manual transmission.
* Bilingual communication skills (preferred).
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
* High School Diploma or equivalent certification. Bachelor Degree preferred
* 5-7 years in a management/supervisory role
* 5 years industry experience in providing auto repair
* Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
* Must obtains ASE C1 Certification withing one year of hire
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.
For over a century, AAA has continued to redefine itself to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are and that every aspect of your personality adds to the skills and knowledge you bring to AAA. That’s what makes you so exceptional, and what you offer our Members and the communities we serve that much more unique. As an eligible Team Member, you have the chance to do honorable work, receive competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career.
The second-largest regional Member club of the national organization, and fastest growing mid-large size club in North America, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, and brings together:
- An award winning work culture and environment
- 2,800 employees to serve over 4 million Members
- Over 75 branch offices across Northern California
- Eleven branch offices across Nevada
- Six branch offices across Utah